How prepared are you when it comes to dealing with increasing expectations for document and records management? Knowing where and how to start is often the biggest challenge.
Both public and private sector organisations need to be aware of the value of the information or knowledge that they hold and its potential. As a result, Records Administrators and Information Managers are faced with more complex systems and processes than ever before.
The Professional Certificate in Electronic Document & Records Management (EDRM) course provides an introduction to the essentials of EDRM and the required lessons to develop a strategy with implementable techniques and solutions. This will include covering governance standards such as:
- BS 10008 – Standard for legal admissibility
- ISO 15489 – Records management standard
- ISO 9001 – Quality management standard
- MoReq2 – European standard for electronic records management
- DoD – Standard for electronic records management
- ISO 27001 – Information security standard
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those involved in information, document or records management and technology, including:
- Compliance Officers/Managers
- Information Security Managers
- Records Managers
- Information Managers
- Operations Managers
- Knowledge Managers
Benefits of Attending
- Learn the fundamental concepts, components, legal obligations and international standards for electronic document and records management systems (EDRMS)
- Identify what your current sources and uses of information are and how to manage this information
- Understand how to capture and deliver information at the point of need
- Discover how to build a classification structure and implement a records retention schedule
- Develop an EDRM strategy and avoid pitfalls commonly associated with EDRM, whilst maximising your ROI
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Dr. Vijay Magon
Vijay Magon is a highly skilled information management practitioner and trainer with over 20 years’ worth of experience in electronic data management (EDM), enterprise content/resource management (ECM/ERM), eForms, workflow and business systems integration in the UK and overseas.
In these 20 years, Vijay has designed, developed, installed, and supported electronic document and records management (EDRM) and workflow solutions integrated with business processes; ranging from small, departmentwide systems to fully integrated, enterprise-wide systems. This includes the design and delivery of EDRM solutions for patient records management, such as paperless healthcare in the UK’s National Health Service (NHS).
Vijay is active in developing and guiding the future direction of the ECM industry, through active involvement in practical day-to-day ECM projects, discussion forums, and white papers.
Prior to founding CCube Solutions, Vijay Magon spent 15 years working in the defence industry in research-based roles. He has a PhD in Particle Physics from The University of London, has held research posts at The Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in the UK and The European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN), and is also a Member of The Institute of Physics.
Dusit Thani Hotel
Dusit Thani Hotel
Dusit Thani Hotel
133 Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 343 3333
Fax: +971 4 407 2517
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete an assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion and a digital Certificate of Continuing Professional Development (CPD UK).
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable